View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 06:25 AM

RE: Orr comparison. Forget the numbers. How can you really compare someone at the start of their career with someone's WHOLE career? Who knows what will happen. I think it was more of a comparison in style, in effectiveness, in that ineffable sense a player has to be, well, magical. That sense of greatness being visible, as you watch the play.

Well, that last game was something else. I really thought Tampa was going to take it. Then, WOW, the Av attack on Vasilevskiy in OT was furious. It was like watching a different team from the one in the earlier periods. Very entertaining, and while, yeah, there should have been a too-many-men, there was not, and that is that. It sure looked to me that it was only a matter of time before the Avs did get one in. Furious and relentless.

OK, I do not have any skin in the game regarding which, Avs or Lightning. I have the same feeling as when I hoped the Caps would win just to get Ovechkin a Cup. Or hoping that Lanny McDonald would get a Cup, even though I hate Calgary. The Stanley is the hardest championship in sports. Yeah, yeah, it can be argued. A superb great player can (and do) go their whole career and never get a Cup win. So I hope that greats do get a win.

I want MacKinnon to get a Cup win. He may (or may not) never get another chance. It is hard to get into the Final, and then you may not win! Although he is still young enough that he will get another shot. But maybe not. So I am rooting for the Avs to win. Tampa has had it. Though a three-peat is very cool. But, go Avs!

Kinda hoping for it to go to 7 games. I think it will go to Game 6 at least. Tampa is going to come out swinging for Game 5. I will not be surprised if they take it.

But what is with this massive swing of team aspect?? The difference between Game 3 and 4 in the Lightning is amazing. 7-0? Against Vasilevskiy? Who saw that coming?

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)