View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Just to mention it, but it's been so much much fun talking with all you guys. Obviously passionate hockey fans, no trash talk, no sports talk radio bs, just really knowledgeable with total appreciation of the game. Good to get a feel for how folks think out in the prairie and maritimes!
There aren't a lot of AGF hockey fans but the people in this thread over the years are wonderful, knowledgeable fans who don't need to trash talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
The Rangers are resilient, because of Gallant. Sutter just recently said Gallant gt "screwed" in Florida and Vegas. Not a "verbatim" sentence typed there, but it was close.

I pulled for the Oilers vs. the 'Canes, back in '06. And I'm a Flames fan! I'll be pulling for them, the Bolts (my brother lives in St. Pete, and has been a die-hard Bolts fan since Day 1), and the Rangers, as I was born and raised in NY (always "leaned" Islanders, as my older brother was an Isles fan, but my best friend growing up is a Rangers fan, as are most of my childhood friends).

Which means I will not be pulling for the Avs, though I respect Sakic immensely.
I saw Gerald Gallant play in the AHL when he was with the Adirondack Red Wings and he played a game in Moncton. I still remember his mother sitting in front of us (unknown to my dad and his friend who had season tickets) and her comment when they heckled him .

I've always been a fan of the PEI boy since that day. He won the Memorial Cup when he coached Saint John - so cool. He did an amazing job in Vegas too and took them to the Cup final in year 1. I'm not a Rangers fan but when he was announced as the coach for this year's team, after the team missed the playoffs last year, I knew they had someone special.