Thread: ZOOM H4 test...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Guy...
I'm not sure, but are you asking if it will record into the Zoom at the same time it is acting as an interface for the computer?

If that is your question, I think not. You have to select the unit as a computer interface while the power is ''Off'' so the recorder would not be functional.

If you mean ''Can I plug the PRS guitar into the Zoom H4 and record it like I would my acoustic?'', yes you can. You just cannot do both at the same time.
yes, it was that latter question i was asking. outstanding! i'm looking forward to playing with this device. actually i want to try to record my fiddle and perhaps add a guitar track to that using, perhaps, garageband.

i'll post a review on it from a complete newb's perspective after i've had a few days with it. i've never really recorded anything other than casually. i have one of those digitech gnx4 multitrack workstations that's the size of a medium dog, but it's too complicated for me and i just use the effects and the ports/interfaces.

again, thanks for the information.

ps: after reading some more online i see that this device has guitar effects like my digitech. i assume it works the same way: you plug in the guitar to the efx box, then the efx box to the amp. but the zoom doesn't seem to have a suitable output for this, does it? i would not think the headphone out jack could be used for this? does this mean that the efx on the zoom are only for recording and not for live play?

/guy

Last edited by gteague; 11-27-2006 at 12:32 AM.