View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringMeUp View Post
This is turning out great! ❤️❤️❤️
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck7 View Post
Beautiful coloring and stunning fretboard, bridge, and headstock woods!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
That is looking spectacular! As to the headstock choice for me my preference would be a more subtle one without the sap wood as the sound board and the fretboard don't have something similar to the sapwood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
This just keeps getting better and better. I don't think you can make a wrong choice for the headstock.
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond.

I was thinking to keep the decorative aspects of this build on the subtle side since the Pink Ivory is so loud on it's own. Originally I considered a more simple radial rosette but in the end wanted some of Rebecca's signature wood tiles with a little Pink Ivory tie in.

Same thing for the headstock. I don't want to over do it but it might be cool to have a splash of Pink Ivory there too.

I've been doing mockups in Photoshop all along to help make decisions. The sapwood piece didn't make the cut for the reasons Aspiring suggested. Here's one of the headstock. This is based on one of Rebecca's previous designs but uses Macassar and some flamey Pink Ivory she has in her stash.

Too much?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headplate.jpg (30.4 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by inc0herent; 02-10-2022 at 08:02 AM.