View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 12:34 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Sound Port Review #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
I have it on good authority that it sounds every bit as amazing as it looks.
Thanks for your comment Bard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
https://live.staticflickr.com/8531/8...b1208a09_c.jpg

This idea is fantastic! I have been searching for years for a way for my techs to retro-fit sound ports.

I am completely sold on them, as I play unplugged and sing too, often in places with a lot going on. The sound ports make singing SO MUCH EASIER, when there is a lot of background noise!!!

Your clamp and simple purfling line in the backing is BRILLIANT.

thank you for sharing this!!!

Paul
I'm glad that was helpful Paul!

Where do we go from there?

Sound Port Review #2

Since I started making the sound ports the list of benefits, beyond getting your pick out and hearing yourself in various environments, started to grow.
I've had folks report that now. They can hear better because they no longer find the need to crouch forward toward the front of the guitar to hear what they are playing. They can sit back in a better posture and no longer get back and neck aches after extended play. So sound ports can be a real benefit to playing comfort.

Now that I'm a believer how do I make sound ports my own?

Well first off they can be another custom element for a client. I had a request for a special design:

I did this triquetra on a Cocobolo Josie small jumbo. It has abalone set in Koa to go with the Koa binding and abalone on the rest of the guitar:

After that door opened others followed:

Here is the heart shaped sound port that went onto a lullaby guitar:

I think it goes wonderfully with the lullaby theme along with the Mother of Pear crescent moon and Hollywood Stars on the rosette:

More to come!

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright