View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 02:41 PM

As the original owner of this instrument I enthusiastically give it extremely high praise. I would buy it back, except after I sold it first time I had major withdrawals and purchased another Roberts Minstrel.

Dan Roberts is as good as it gets in the luthier world and an incredibly nice and humble guy. The first 5 Minstrels (this one was #2) were a custom run for some of us on little brother blues forum. The intent, in addition to getting great instruments, was to help Dan launch his own Roberts label brand of guitars. Funny world, that was 10 years ago and now Dan is building for guys like Clapton. For those that don't know, prior to last 10 years doing his own thing, Dan spent the previous 30 years building and managing entire production for Gibson and then Santa Cruz. He also handled most of Santa Cruz repair work and built most of their archtops.

Someone is going to go hog wild with this #2 Minstrel. I now own #11 and if someone will buy it, I'd be happy to have #2 back in the stable.