View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWint View Post
Please refer me to the page in the Assembly Instructions that state you should finish after assembly. I didn't find it. It would be an unusual sequence.
That's what I thought.

It's on the very last page of my directions. It's says congrats you've completed you guitar and now it's time to finish it, go to StewMac for finish ideas and products. I just looked at the directions online and it seems like they deleted that language and now you don't see anything about finishing in the online directions. But if you follow their online directions or my booklet directions both have you completely assemble a raw wood guitar. I also just noticed when I looked at their online directions they corrected something else. My booklet directions say to use a 9.5" sanding block on the neck in the directions but list a 12" block in the "tools needed" section at the beginning and now I see online they both say 12".

So, even with that, why would StewMac send old directions out with a kit bought 2 weeks ago when they obviously have revised directions online. I need to print them off to compare.