View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
When I originally trained a trance system, I had the MVT tone wheel set in the middle - that's how it is in the video demo I posted a few weeks ago. I had no issue varying that later to get a brighter or darker sound thru TD. But I really hate having that MVT module installed, just more stuff inside the guitar, and it occurred to me that with Tone Dexter I didn't need it! Without TD, it really helps the sound, but TD should be able to deal with that, right? I installed a new Trance-M last weekend, and skipped the MVT control completely, and it sure enough it sounds great with ToneDexter. Since ToneDexter handles making the pickup sound right, and I have the tone controls on TD for fine tweaking, I can just skip that MVT control!
That's a very good point Doug. I recently installed the VT module with my Amulet but although it's nice have volume at the soundhole, I didn't really like adding more to the guitar. I kept the original battery for it to just be the straight M version so I might go back to that. My only small issue with the Amulet is that I am getting slight hiss when I turn it up. I wonder if maybe one of the transducers is not making full contact with the soundboard.