View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 05:43 AM

Hi Tim. Thanks for the comments.

Here's the deal on the drums. The drum sounds do sound weak. But, the drums you hear are temporary. I use the sequencer in my keyboard to program them...and, the drum sounds in the keyboard are not that great. The idea, is really to just lay in a basic drum track, with the keyboard....to build the basic song structure, and overdubs around. Hence the very basic pattern.

Later, I will replace the drum tracks. In this case, most likely I will either play them myself, or have another pal play them. Either way, we will use his Yamaha Electronic Drum kit to do it. These drums are amazing. So, easy to record. Stereo feed out of the control panel for the drums...and pick your kit sound.

Yet, you get all the feel and dynamics of a natural kit, and total ease of recording without mics. These newer Yamaha's are not those funky looking kits from the 80's...lol. But fairly sophisticated technology.

If not that. I will use a Software program, like Acid to build a replacement drum kit. As a side note...I am looking at getting a better sounding Drum Machine, such as a Boss. To lay in these basic drum sounds for building songs. So, that it does sound better at least in the early stages.

I'll put the song back up, when the drums are re-recorded....so I hope you check it out again then. Should be in the next few weeks at the latest.

Thanks for your feedback.