View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 06:08 AM

Now that you've got the Ultratonic and a P90 installed (and of course a ToneDexter handy!), it might be fun to try an IR to see if you can get a usable electric tone from the SBT. I realize you can't reproduce the harmonic loss as you play up the neck, but you might find training in the 5th position good enough. Maybe my simple IR generator with no IIR is a good option for this experiment.

I use a compressor to get a more electric tone at gigs out of my SBT. I am not a fan of picking around sound hole pickups so I would not go that route, but maybe I should take my Dean Markley Promag and give it a try at IR generation.

I've got my first post-COVID19 gig Saturday, if the weather is good (outdoors party sponsored by a winery and distillery). I was planning to update my IR for my now only parlor guitar and I'll make a few electric ones to try out. I currently have my HX Stomp programmed to bypass the acoustic IR when the compressor is engaged. It would be simple enough to change IRs instead.

I have used a Platemate, in the past, to ground the strings on an A6 Ultra. The pickup Godin supplied did not need it, but the stacked humbucking Strat-like pickups I tried all did. Maybe side-by-side humbuckers are a better choice for ungrounded strings as the coils are truly symetrical and similarly placed relative to the strings. Does anyone make a side-by-side humcancelling P90?
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 06-07-2020 at 06:26 AM.