View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:27 PM

Seems the resounding recommendation is for the Gotoh 510s. I haven't even looked at them yet, but definitely an option. To answer HogdonExtreme(sorry for the delay) who asked -- they are the 2nd tuners pictured, not the 1st. they say Taylor, not grover, and look identical to the ones you pictured. after polishing them, they aren't as dull as they were when I got the guitar, but I still think the silver/chrome look would aesthetically look much better than the gold, but I guess that's preference. I've also considered chrome tuners with wood buttons.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject. I clicked that stewmac link and just instantly felt lost. I'm assuming that at prices of 40-50$, that is a price for the "per", as opposed to a set of 6... I saw some tuner buttons from Petros guitars that I liked(mehhh.), but were $180 for a set of 6.. just the wood buttons.

I guess another, more pressing issue, would be finding a luthier/guitar tech here in Houston whom I trust and isn't A) guitar center and B) isnt an hour away. anyway thanks for the responses. I would love any other resources that anyone may have, pics of upgrades you've done, suggestions for websites, etc etc. Open gear tuners I think may look OK. I'm open to just about anything at this point; I'm not *hating* the ones that are on here now, but I'm definitely not a big fan. My first two purchases are going to be tuners and a replacement truss rod cover.

anyway,... thanks again.
Fishman | Loudbox Mini | Primetone 1.0mm

"what is the universe? the universe is a symphony of vibrating strings.." -michio kaku