View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Default New tuners for Taylor? Recommendation?

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could give me some options abd/or elementary breakdown of what I'm looking at here.

I just got recently a 2003 710 Ltd. ..and while the guitar, overall, is phenomenal, I'm just not a huge fan of the slightly faded looking, plain gold Taylor tuners. I would much rather a chrome/nickel look, I think it would pop more, or could even see switching to wood tuner knobs to contrast with the cocobolo. Can anyone give advice to a noob about which tuners would be compatible? What would look best? I'd like something uniqye, but not break-the-bank.. I'd like it to be an upgrade, but at the very least, they have to be as good or better than the ones on there already.

I hear so many names.. grover.. Gotoh.. waverly.. etc etc etc. But I don't know anything as far as how they stack up against each other.

Any advice is most welcome. I'll post pics later but I just can't stop thinking how much better some chrome looking knobs would look than the dull gold that's on there now.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

(Tries looking this up and didn't find solid info, so I apologize if this has been asked 600 times)
Fishman | Loudbox Mini | Primetone 1.0mm

"what is the universe? the universe is a symphony of vibrating strings.." -michio kaku