View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 09:15 AM

I have around 20 different stringed instruments, 4 of which are guitars. My old 6 string Applause is at my daughter's place. I just played it last night because I was visiting. My Eastman archtop is my main player. I rarely pick up the Ovation 12 string or Altamira gypsy jazz box. I do pick up my budget guitjo every once in a while for a different sound.

Of the five fiddles I play the Hardanger the most. Almost never play the octave fiddles anymore.

I have 5 mandolins. I play the cedar top F5 more than any other instrument. I rotate the F4 as well. The 30's vintage resonator mandolin and banjolin get rotated through regularly for their unique sound. I almost never play my electric Mandobird VIII.

I have a sweet F4 custom octave mandolin that I play a lot due to its sweet tone and compact size, and incredible volume. As a result I never touch my Asian import F5 octave anymore.

I play the A4 10 string mandola and pretty often. My 10 string custom F4 mandocello is the greatest sounding instrument I have. Its the go-to for solo gigs and slack key.

My only problem is working rotating 12 hour shifts full time. Just not enough time to play much.

Last edited by Mandobart; 12-28-2019 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Forgot a fiddle...