View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 10:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
If I may be so bold to ask a question, when refining the shape of the peghead and using the chisel which I would be afraid might find a piece of grain it would like to follow and end up taking out a chunk that was not meant to come it, would it be appropriate to take that to a disc sander or something of the like and lay it flat on the table and sand it to the line?
Sorry to be late with your answer, Tom. This shot was taken after the belt sander got the shape close. I switched to a chisel here for the final slivers because of the sense of control. I'm not worried about taking out a chunk here due to the angle of attack--I'm slicing across fibers, not into them. I'm sure as a surgeon you can appreciate what a sharp tool can accomplish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I hope the fingers under those bandages are intact! (4th Photo.)
Thanks for your concern Stan. Those "bandages" are actually masking tape protectors, which give me a reckless confidence working around CA glue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Looking pretty as the guitar comes together!
Thank you Mike, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
Is today just Sunday? Seems like it's been a month since the binding went on. I hope you post pics of the curly mahogany purfling going in - I'm curious how you go about that. I don't imagine it comes in 4 ft. lengths like the binding, does it?
Almost, but not quite. Pics of that step soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Looking MIGHTY FINE indeed.

I Second all the comments on how pretty this is!

Way to go

Paul
Thanks for your enthusiasm Paul, and your continued support.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods