View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwphoto View Post
Bingo! Wondering the same thing myself.

From an earlier reply I wrote:

> I'm trying to add reverb & chorus to my guitar chain. The Shen has reverb but I intend to use that for the vocal channel only as those settings will probably be different from what I want for guitar. I know there's an effects loop but just thought it might be a "cleaner" setup having whatever pedals/boxes at my feet with one cable running to the amp.

Thoughts?<

Frank

Just a few more thoughts on the Genz......

I have found that I like the guitar channel with ....here we go, heresy they cry.........no effects. The treble on about 9 o'clock, bass at 10 o'clock and the mids swept to suit the guitar. (I played 3 guitars just then through the Genz and just found out the standard soundhole plug for my Martin D18 doesn't fit my Lowden S35!)

So I played at approx the same master volume setting with the channel gain on 12 0'clock. No reverb as I think it adds that little thing that makes the guitar sound 'electric' for want of a better word... Splash of plain reverb for the vocals only. Try it, it sounds really nice. (I never want to sing again without reverb - lots!)

So first I played my Maton SRS808 with the fab Maton AP5-Pro pickup with condenser mic and undersaddle on full! Custom small Maton soundhole cover in! This is ready to roll! Nothing else needed.

Next I played my Lowden S35 with K&K Mini direct to amp. No soundhole cover - will need one to go louder or ...gulp...gaffa tape. Sounds great. Nothing else needed.

Next was my Martin D18E Retro with Aura inbuilt with standard soundhole cover - Aura was on the Easy Mode no 1 image. Sounded great but I can see rejigging the whole eq.........

So I guess what I am saying is that you don't need a thing - Guitar > K&K Mini > Genz Benz! All Systems Go! Buy your self a nice....something instead...

BUT...

If you want to leave the Genz at home and need a unit for guitar/vocal direct to someone's PA....Boss VE8.

BluesKing777.