View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErikJ View Post
Yeah, I haven't loved the shadow Nano-Flex UST that they pair with the Angel but I was actually referring to the Black Angel and its SBT friend. Dimarzio doesn't offer a pre-wire of them (no clue why) but they make a piezo SBT, that looks like a tongue depressor, that's intended to be paired with the Black Angel. It seems pretty responsive and has more microphonic qualities than, say, a K&K and is used by Antoine Dufour and a bunch of the CandyRat guys. I like the idea and tone of the two combined but I also don't want to strip out my Baggs system and then change my outboard gear as well lol. But, that said, no batteries is a nice lifestyle as well.
If you're using the DiMarzio soundboard pickup with the DiMarzio Angel, I believe that you can simply wire both passive pickups in stereo without getting a crosstalk problem. (I'm presuming that the passive Angel mag's jack would have a ring tab available to add a second pickup.) Of course, you'll also need a stereo or stereo-to-Y cable and some kind of outboard blender or two high impedance (500 Kohms to 1 Mohm) mixer channels.