View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTL View Post
Thanks for all the comments and insight.

So additional notes:
1. I am not equating volume/decibel with overall quality of the guitar. Volume is just one attribute among many. But it is an important one if one is to play unamplified in a group setting or leading worship in a group seeting - again unamplified.

2. I also read online from X20 owners who say it does not come accross as loud as their wood guitars. Given the continuous unbroken expanse of the soundboard, and the elasticity that I assume CF can have, I just assumed that it would be louder than the average equivalent cost wood guitars.

So a question for you X20 owners who also own the likes of full sized Martin, Taylors, Gibsons and others of such ilk, subjectively speaking do you feel that that the X20 produces as much, same, or less volume than your wood instruments of like size?

Thanks.
I have a Gibson Songwriter. It is much louder than my X20. It's not a fair fight though that Gibson is the loudest guitar I have and certainly one of the loudest I ever played. I also have a Yamaha and Godin dreadnought that are louder than the X20 but not by much. The X20 has a smaller and different body shape than a dreadnought so I wouldn't expect it to be as loud. It does have the tonal characteristics of a dreadnought though, at least to me and it sounds bigger than it's body size. It has plenty of volume. If you're interested in an Emerald and volume is that much of a concern to you I would look at an X30. It's louder than the X20 and feels about the size of a dreadnought.