View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Default Queen City Guitars Introduction and a Question

Hey, I am brand new to the forum and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Aaron, I build steel string acoustics under the name Queen City Guitars in Oakland, CA. I'm originally from Denver, the Queen City of the Plains, which is where I got the name.

Currently I am working on a couple guitars for the Vancouver International Guitar Festival this summer. A small Mahogany and a slightly larger curly maple with a lot of Spanish cedar accents.

I am new to traveling across borders with guitars (I went to Guatemala with a Yamaha once, but it was mostly composed of plywood) and I am trying to figure out what exactly what I need to get in order before I try and leave the country with CITES listed woods. I am wondering if anyone has some insight or maybe a link to direct me to with info about what permits might be needed and how to obtain them? Any sort of hints or direction would be much appreciated! I am looking forward to being a part of the forum!

(I am finishing up rosettes on both guitars currently, so I will leave a couple pictures of those as they stand now...)

B8379790-D90C-46AC-AAE7-3DCB0CCB5081.JPG

B8379790-D90C-46AC-AAE7-3DCB0CCB5081.JPG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-5343.JPG (105.7 KB, 331 views)