View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 03:17 PM

Honestly I've had the Taylor ES1 and ES2. The ES1 was really tinny to me. The ES2 was better but on my particular guitar it needed tons of eq for it to sound like I wanted it to. Midrange was very overpowering and didn't sound good at all. I had heard good things about Takamine and found a guy on craigslist with one for sale. It is the ef340sbg and has a line driver pickup in it so it just has an on board 9v and no other controls kinda like the k&k with a battery. I had a taylor 324 with a k&k in it and it was good for picking but strumming was a different story. I tried the red eye and other recommended pre amps etc but never really got the natural sound I was looking for. The takamine on the other hand sounded really good. I made a few minor adjustments on my amp and that is all that was needed. I ran it through a red eye pre amp before going into the amp. This was a quick clip I did yesterday after getting it. It isn't a perfect recording but it serves its purpose. I'm very pleased with the purchase and since it was used got it for a pretty decent price I think. The thing was pretty much brand new and rarely played. If you can find one that sounds good live and through the pickup it's a win win. The first part is recording the sound from my schertler jam 400 and the second part is straight acoustic. It wasn't the best mic placement for the second part. I've recorded it since and it sounds a lot better.