View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 06:27 PM

I was very reluctant to have a K&K Pure Mini installed in my Martin SWDGT, but took the plunge a few months ago, and it turned out to sound fantastic. Extremely close to playing with an external mic. It was the first time I had dealt with any kind of amplification, and until then never paid any attention to amplified guitar sound. Since the install, I've made it a habit to listen very closely whenever I hear an amplified acoustic guitar on a stage, and I have to say that my setup sounds way better than many setups I've seen since then, many involving much more expensive guitar/amplification systems. It baffles me how many professional and well-known artists seem to be content with horrendous amplified sound. I can only recommend the K&K Pure Mini, based on my experience. For what it's worth, I either plug directly into a Fender Acoustasonic amp (sounds fantastic!), or into a Red Eye Fire Eye preamp and then into a PA.

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro