View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
I’m in MSP, and Jed Germond did a reset on my O32 a few years back. He had no issues. Charged me $400. PM me if you want his contact info.
I found your old post just before you responded, thanks for the info! I'll PM you shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
I kinda got screwed with a trade for a Lowden guitar from the 90s. The guitar sounded good but it had issues that were not disclosed and I was foolish not to fully vet the guitar. Regardless, I brought the guitar in to a well respected local tech/luthier and he did not see any issues in regards to resetting the neck. I should have it back in another week or so.
Very curious to hear how this works out for you. What model did you get? My O-10 is one of my favorite guitars ever. I hope yours ends up becoming a cherished instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantin View Post
This is George Lowden's reply in 2003 to neck reset question:
Danny - thanks for posting this, I found it just the other day and it does contain some interesting info from the source. Cheers!

I'm still interesting in hearing first hand accounts from folks who have had a neck reset done on their Lowden. I'm not really into modifying the bridge, or replacing it with a pinned version to achieve more break angle as was suggested by another local repair shop.

Next step is to take it back to a very talented local luthier friend and fellow AGFer Ned Milburn (hi Ned!) for another look.