View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 08:13 PM

How long do you think you have to own and bond with a guitar before declaring it "the one"? Inquiring minds, and all that jazz ...

All I can say, is that I've gone through a good dozen guitars in the last ten years, but only one has stayed the course during the decade. I did actually put it up on consignment, once, for about a month, when money became a real issue due to multiple consecutive auto repairs + hospital bills + the wife's anxiety level, but it didn't sell, and I was actually relieved that it didn't go anywhere. It is the best guitar I've ever had, and I was deeply distressed over the idea that bills would ever force my hand. Fortunately, Fate intervened.

It's not my only guitar, but not even circumstances even more dire than the above mentioned could convince me to do something that stupid again. I'd rather live off of selling plasma under various aliases in different counties.

This guitar is the old friend that is perfectly set-up, has a sound that always draws me in, brings out the best in me, and blends incredibly well with my voice. It still excites me, makes me more improvisational, and is the bar against any other guitars will have to compete.

J.W. Gallagher 72 Special. One of only 112 made. I'm happy to be one of that number.

... JT