View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 07:03 AM

Thanks! I can get above middle "C", but I have to use my "head voice" to do it, and it just doesn't sound good to me. I've been out of music for a while. A vocal coach isn't in the budget, but perhaps a few weeks of practice will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman1951 View Post
As one who has suffered through singer/guitarists butchering tunes because the range is too high - thank you for taking the trouble to transpose them into a useful range. I heard a guy performing outside on a restaurant patio a couple of weeks ago and the song was clearly at least a third too high - and painful to the ears.

It is true that there are a small handful of tunes with signature licks that are difficult to reproduce in alternate keys. If you work at it you can often find a pretty close approximation, but occasionally there are songs I just don't play for lack of a satisfactory work around.

With few exceptions, most people in the audience don't know all the guitar licks note for note.

As an aside, C is not a very high note - even for a bass. While it's certainly not necessary, you might find that a couple of lessons with a voice major quickly produces another minor third of useful range.