View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeguam View Post
Thank you all for the replies and for the help, I’m going to start practicing and researching all your suggestions.

To answer the question about genre, well there’s a mix of about 200+ songs that I play at my gigs (you can see the full list that I offer the audience for online requests here: https://www.joeguam.com/requests).

To hear how I incorporate acoustic guitar with drums, bass, keys and ukulele by looping at gigs, here’s my latest gig on YouTube from tonight:

Here’s a link to a gig I played last week with a telecaster. I feel I got the reggae and island music rhythm okay…but man…when it comes to the ballads or acoustic/folk/country style songs I’m just terrible at executing the rhythm with the tele (again, I only know how to play acoustic which is why I’m reaching out to try and learn this totally different instrument of the electric guitar).

Thank you again, and please, if these YouTube videos give you any more ideas to help me, I’m a very open-minded person and appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks, Joe! Although I've read your comments over many years, this is the first time I've seen and heard you perform, and You're Mighty Fine, Bro!
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2