View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 06:12 AM
Charter Member

I played a Martin with a Richlite fretboard in a shop before I knew what it was. I really liked it - as much as anything I played that day and more than some. It wasn’t until I was home later, looking over specs online, that the guitar I was thinking of did NOT have an ebony board. So I guess I tricked myself into being totally open to the stuff. I’ve never owned a guitar with a Richlite board, but it would never be a factor against buying a particular guitar.

I do have a carbon fiber guitar I really love, but when it was my only acoustic, I did sort of miss the feel and aesthetic of wood. So now I have one CF and one wood acoustic. Love em both, but when I pick up to wood guitar I’m really aware of the feel of the wooden neck and I really REALLY am happy to have it. But it’s the back of the neck that I notice in my hand, not the fretboard. My wood guitar has a rosewood board, but I’d be every bit as happy with ebony, or Richlite...

-Ray