View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Thanks for the response Keith. My use case would be home recording solo acoustic guitar so not a field recorder type of application. Just wondering if it is worth the $300 CDN extra.
What are you recording for? If it's publication/release, then get the best gear you can.

Most folks would get an audio interface and record into a computer, since you'll have to transfer the data from the digital recorder to a computer for processing, so the only reason to get something like the H8 or F6 is if your recording space and where the computer are located cannot be in the same place. At least, that's my simple view. I've used my F8n at home if I have a friend over and want to record in a larger open space downstairs, or maybe outside. My old (now gone) H6 would do just as well in that case. But in my treated, small music room, I just use the interface.

If you held a Zoom Hx and Fx in your hands, you would understand they are different pieces of equipment, where the F is definitely built for more field work. But I used my H6 for 4 or 5 years (guessing) and it never quit.