View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzy View Post
You sound a lot like me. I've tried almost every string combination out there, and I like normal Alabastro too.

I made the switch to gut and I'm never going back but I don't use nails, and I'm a few whole steps down....actually Bb, F, Bb, D, F, Bb...which I absolutely love. If you only play in standard 440A with nails gut might not work so well, but give it a try you might love it !

I use Pyramid gut bases and Gamut trebles, but not their normal trebles for classical guitars because I'm in a low tuning. The bases are absolutely perfect though just the right amount of deep fundamental and overtones.

My instrument just sings in a way it never did before. It's totally addicting and mesmerizing.
That sounds intriguing and it’s always nice to hear experiences from people for things that have turned out well for them.
You wouldn’t happen to have any recording samples by any chance? I would love to hear how these strings sound, and the music at the low tuning you use.
Doesn’t have to be anything elaborate!

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann