View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywag View Post
Wait until you go back to your other guitar(s) you're long accustomed to. That's when you'll really know what you have in your new one. My high end guitars have kinda ruined some others that I though were pretty good.
After not playing my other guitars for two weeks.....they..are..not...how I remembered...To be fair, I need to put on fresh strings...but....I think I might be forever spoilt....
I now have 4 acoustics and would like to get that down to 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
In-cre-di-ble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant75 View Post
Great review.

It seems your experiences is quite similar to when I received my Sands a few months back. Like you I've never bought new and it's been really fun hearing the guitar develop in the first few weeks. Balance and clarity are also two key attributes of my Sands, and I find myself currently moving away from rosewood and overtone loaded guitars.

Looking forwards to hear a recording in due time.
Best,
Hope you are enjoying your Sands! Must be an incredible guitar.
Joel stopped using a tonerite because it was fun watching customers go through the experience.
I was seriously going to go maple at one point, but luthiers like Michaud, Sands, and others do such fantastic work controlling overtones with rosewood.
The guitar can with Martin SP PB lights. I’ve tried Gallistrings PB 1254 and now Mangan PB round core Tru mediums, each is progressively more fundamental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
Congratulations on your new Michaud OM-R Mike. I know you waited a long time to get this one. My O-R is 3 years old now and still amazes me how responsive and big sounding it can get. I look forward to hearing a recording of your OM-R when you have a chance. Enjoy it in good health!
Hi Doug! Thanks for responding. Hope you are doing well. That O-R must be sounding even more exceptional after 3 years. I think it is still Joel’s favourite model. Someday I would like to try an O-R. Who need a big guitar, when you can get this kind of sound from a smaller guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Congratulations on your new guitar!! It looks great, and I'm sure it's even more awesome in person. Anything "Michaud" is pretty darned special. I hope it serves you well for many years to come
Thanks! My photography skills don’t do it justice I’m afraid. I feel very privileged to be the owner of this guitar. I would encourage anyone with the means to support independent luthiers, it’s a great experience and you end up with something very personal and unique. Not something you do everyday, but once in a lifetime what a special treat.