View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Some good advice so far

As noted there is a fair amount of room and self noise so seriously consider room treatment

Mixing:
Yes you can definitely enhance the dry recording with EQ and Comp FX when mixing.
To maintain and enhance the bass with EQ start with a High Pass filter and cut the low end 60 to 100 hz and below. And perhaps also a narrow Q,, 4 or 5 db cut, somewhere between 450 and 600 Hz
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton View Post

I just copied his method and have had good results. Some basic EQ for a low cut and maybe boost the highs a bit

Well, I see everywhere that I should use a High Pass filter and cut the low frequencies, but until now I did the exact opposite!
I think the low frequencies need a boost so I increased them through EQ. Must be wrong since I see everywhere about High Pass Filter,
but how can I get these really bassy notes and vibes? If I use a High Pass Filter, I will lose them even more!

See an example I uploaded on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4MytuCy38w

The two right tracks are by famous youtubers and the left one is mine! As you can see they have high levels of low frequencies (less than 100 Hz)
whereas mine has lower. That's why I didn't use high pass filter to make these frequencies even lower. I increased the lower frequencies, wrong?