View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
I'm looking forward to any insight and/or demos you can share with us with your naked HFN in guitar experience!

I decided to go with a dual HFN setup instead of adding the UST to the system so I don't have to shave my bridgesaddle.

The Ultra Tonic 3.2 is due to arrive tomorrow, Monday, and I'll try to install it next weekend in my Larrivee D-03 Sunburst.

The Schatten dual HFN rig will likely go into my Huss & Dalton TD-R (or another new guitar that I may soon buy) as I don't want to use any glue in the H&D. I've been thinking that I'll initially install the naked HFN sensor on the bridgeplate and just off and along the bass leg of the X-brace. This, I'm hoping, will enable more bass response to be mixed in with the normal HFN's under the saddle line signal. I think the dual-channel mix of these two HFN pickups will yield strong bass along with clarity across the tonal spectrum. If not, it's a simple matter to relocate the naked HFN to another position to try again.
The dual HFN would be a cool idea. I considered it at one point as well! I am very, very tempted to give the Lr Baggs Imix a try. It's a pickup that gets virtually no discussion here, but one that I have heard live and have been very impressed with. We shall see. I like installing pickups myself, but the ibeam can be a bit of a pain and there's a lot to this system.