View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
You absolutely can do this. As leew mentioned, I have used my Tele through my artist for our live gigs with no issues and I can EQ it to get a very nice clean sound. I use a Red Eye Twin D.I. Box which allows me to run the acoustic of my choice and my Tele through one channel on the amp.
Like “Darkwave” I have used an amp emulator in front of the Loudbox, but I found that for our purposes, I don’t really need distortion and it’s just one more part of the live setup I can do without.
As far as your main question, the answer is you can do it without fear and the clean sounds are quite good. Dial in your EQ according to your tastes.
Have fun!

BTW…When I want to rock I have a 1951 Vintage Chicago National/Valco 12 watt tube amp that produces some of the sweetest sounds with a Tele on earth.
i have the same setup rockdog. redeye twin. i got the fishman artist as backup up for my aer 60/3 but the artist has more options and sounds pretty good on vocals. can also line out to qsc 10 or 8 depending on situation. thanks for all the responses everyone.