View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 07:27 AM

I use this as my main setup for my band, but the events of the last two years have meant that my band rig has only been used solo in my basement (dangit).

I use a Loudbox 100 and have a pedalboard setup that uses amp/cab simulation. I still have tube amps I really enjoy, and use them when rocking out, but I do this for a few reasons with the band:

- I use a mix of acoustic and electric guitars in our set, so now I drag out one amp instead of two.
- I used to use an electric baritone as well, and my small tube amps didn't handle the low end as well as a simulator through the Loudbox did. I didn't always want to haul a bigger tube amp head and cabinet around.
- it is pretty volume-agnostic (sounds consistent at different levels).
- I've gotten very sensitive to gain level and compression for the material in this band, and switching traditional amps would throw everything off. Now I always get the intended result.
- the connectivity of the Fishman is extensive, so I can use it as a direct box to send signals to the FOH if needed.

At least that's the plan. I got this all set up shortly before things shut down, so it was only used with the band for a few rehearsals (but I was really happy with the results).

- Douglas C.

1998 Larrivée C-09
1977 Gibson MK-35
2020 Breedlove Wildwood Concertina
2003 Guild JF30-12
Kremona Verea VA Crossover Nylon
2005 Rogue Biscuit Resonator
1960's Harmony Patrician Archtop
2008 Eastman AR810-7 Archtop