View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Care to explain why you hate it? You really went full circle. You said it sounded “really good” at first, the tried it briefly at a gig and now you hate it? Did you really give it enough of a chance? How does the Infinity Blend compare to the Anthem SL?
I know you were not replying to me, but I know with pickups, amps, guitars etc., we often have an initial honeymoon period where we love the product, but then find that it doesn't work for us. That's how I felt with the Fishman Matrix Ellipse Blend system, which is pretty much identical to the Infinity Mic Blend pickup. The only difference being that that the Ellipse blend had a gooseneck mic.

At home, the pickup sounded natural enough, but on stage, I could only dial in about 10% mic and even at that, it wasn't really adding in desirable tones. The Infinity Mic Blend has a better placement, but I can't see many people using more than 20-30% mic and that would be more intimate settings.

The Anthem is a completely different design. Yes it has a mic, but the tru-mic was designed to reject feedback in a way that other systems (Infinity blend included) do not. Even without trying the newer Infinity Mic Blend, I can say that the Anthem will sound more natural simply because you can blend all the way to the tru-mic and still be able to play on loud stages. Even the Lr Baggs Lyric can be used on a loud stage and work. I had one in my Taylor for a short time and never had feedback issues.