View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 11:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks a lot, Guys! You boys are such great fans to give me homework.

I assigned Rodger and his wife, Kathy, a title a few years ago and I created a job for them. Rodger is my Power Point man because it goes with all the other jobs I made up and will continue to make up to give to him.

As my mom always said, "There is a method to my madness."

So, on page 14 of the book Doin' Life...As a Luthier's Wife you can learn more about the McKnight Guitar's very beginning. Due to the regulations of the forum I will be careful not to go into details to find I might have crossed a line. Danno, the book need not be purchased because I can send you a picture of page 14. Should anyone want to dig up more insider information this book can be ordered from Blurb.com. I don't plan to make a series, but regretfully, I wish I had made one after each guitar show as we've met many wonderful people and I could have a nice guitar filled library by this time. The book is not just filled with guitars in still form. There are notes, comments from the AGF, silly faces, McJams, the building of the loft area where folks spend on on one time with Tim and me to test the spec guitars. There are memories in the book that sometimes still make me smirk. Fact is I don't even know how much my book sells for. Magazines were contacted as I took pictures of the pages that involved our business that I felt I needed and those magazines were pleased to be included in my book. As I took approved pictures over the years I got permission as I added, "This one is for the book." Kurt (AGF Eire), at first said, "Nooo," when he saw the picture I wanted to use but he is a good AGF brother who took a breath and said, "Okay."

FYI: Danno, Rodger and Kathy have their picture some place in the book. My own copy has a signed picture of Ervin Somgyi and me in a hug. He bought our book and signed mine. He's a true gem.

Before anyone asks the reason this guitar was the one I used on the front cover was because it is the ONLY 12 string Tim has built to this day. The owner was healthy at the time, but passed several years ago. At that time I was still not ready for me to sign the labels.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.