View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

Default New Rainsong and Rainsong dread not working. Smaller body carbon fiber suggestions?

Hey everybody. I just received my new Rainsong classic WS1000 a few days ago and while it's an amazing instrument, I can't play it for long without my right shoulder feeling really uncomfortable and popping when I move my arm. The same happens with my Rainsong dreadnought. this is really frustrating. I didn't have this issue when I was younger;I gigged with a dreadnought for years!

Anyways, I'm already selling my Rainsong dreadnought but it looks like I'm going to have to either return this one, if they'll accept a return for this reason, or, sell it at a bit of a loss here on the forum.

I'm wondering what a good carbon fiber replacement would be that isn't quite so deep body depth wise?

I owned two Emerald X20s and while the body worked out fine for me, the neck was too thick. I owned a Peavey CA OX and GXI and while the bodies were fine, the necks were too wide for me. (Which is strange because I have large hands. Usually necks aren't wide enough.)

Maybe a McPherson Sable, Touring, blackbird Super OM or Lucky 13? This would be for recording and gigging when I get back into it so I'm not really looking for a travel guitar, (although the Touring demos I've heard sound really good). I don't have any dealers here in CT I can get to that seem to stock any of these instruments so can't try them out in person. If I were really fat on cash, I'd just order all four and then return the ones that don't work for me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.