Thread: Carpal Tunnel
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 08:49 AM

My Jelly I hope things get better for you and Harmony 123 I hope the same!

As for me, I've now had both hands done. My right was done exactly 2 weeks after the left. As of 2 days ago I've been cleared to lift more than 10 pounds with my left and in a little less than 2 weeks I'll be cleared to do the same with my right.

I know everyone is different, and my doctor has said the same, but my experience has been brilliant. I already feel 95% back to normal with my left and about 80% in my right.

The only real issue is the palms of both hands are sore "inside" my hands. I imagine it's the internal bits coming to grips with the cutting. Ice and ibuprofen have been my friends! I feel it's improving daily but of course not as quickly as I want.

I feel that soon I'll be able to push against my palms as much as I want with no discomfort. Probably within a month or two. Hopefully anyway.

The most important part for me is I've been able to play my guitar with no numbness whatsoever. And I actually snuck in a little playing at day 10 post surgery which was 4 days earlier than I was cleared for.

Thanks to everyone who sent their experiences and well-wishes. You really put my mind at ease and I thank you.

Best,
PJ