View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Charter Member

Smile 1972 Martin D-28 VERY CLEAN W/TLC. SOLD

Offering very nifty 72 Martin D-28

Read ALL about it:

https://reverb.com/item/22118116-mar...firmation=true

SOLD

This had over $700 worth of Neck set, bone setup, slight pickguard crack repair, and fret work by Tim Luranc, of Taylor Repair, El Cajon. Tim was head Luthier for R.Taylor the entire six years they built. Now retired... my pal.

Action: My steel rule shows just under 6/64" on E and just over 4/64" on e. It is just a little bit higher than my usual wimpy 5/64" and 4/64... haha. The action at Nut is perfect as Tim always nails that for sure

I would be very happy if this went to someone in the AGF family. It is a sweet guitar and set up is REALLY NICE. Tim did setups for tons of Taylor artists, including John Denver, Prince, America, and hundreds more! Neither my friend nor I are Dreadnought guys. He traded it to me about three years ago, and I thought he might eventually want it back, but when he visits we play it for a bit think how nice it plays and sounds, and go back to our 12 frets... so it does need a new home.

The PG crack is fixed perfectly and complete stable. Thanks Tim!

I should mention a funky cigarette burn? On LB side. Putting pic up... BTW, no cigarette smell in guitar or case. Pop very rarely smoked when drinking, and this axe was never gigged. Extremely clean otherwise!

Any questions just ask.

Carry on and remain musical

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 05-10-2019 at 11:43 AM.