View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

Default Anyone wish to take over an in progress order for an Emerald guitar

I want to stress, I do NOT have this instrument, it is an in progress order with Emerald Guitars for an X7 nylon string model. I have come into some financial constraints and am hoping to find someone interested in a carbon fiber nylon guitar, without the usual four to five month wait.

I ordered the guitar in March and selected a flame maple veneer. I tried cancelling my order, but it is in progress and due to be completed in July, so it is too late to cancel. The instrument has been molded, but the neck and nut and scale can still be adjusted, according to Alistair as of 5/3/19.

I paid a down payment deposit of $1945 for it, so a balance of $1945 would be due to Emerald upon completion of the guitar in July. As for my deposit, once you pay Alistair a deposit, he will refund me, so no money need be paid to me directly. Because the wood veneer cannot be changed, I am willing to give up part of my deposit. So if you make a deposit of $1200 to Alistair, I will have him withhold $750 of my refund to be applied to the cost of your guitar. So instead of $3890, your cost would be $3145 for a brand new guitar, received in two months, not four.

So if you are interested in getting an X7 nylon, you can get one two months faster, still with the ability to customize the order to your specs.

Pic of the veneer I chose...

Thanks for looking.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 05-03-2019 at 05:15 PM.