View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 05:04 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberguitars View Post
Hi Tim, I’m using Timber Wolf 3/4” 2-3 positive claw blades with a .025” blade thickness. They cut a .049” kerf which I feel is a lot of wood to be turning to dust. They cut well but, I’m open to change because the kerf is so wide.

Mark, if thin kerf is the priority, then try the Wood slicer from Highland woodworking. Or maybe you've tried it? .022" blade and a total kerf of about .032". I tried it a few times, and while it cut very smooth and quiet, and thin, it seemed to wear out much quicker than the Timberwolf blade that you've mentioned. I've been using the same timerwolf blade and it's the best I've found in terms of smoothness, longevity, and thin kerf.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for commenting Ryan. I haven’t tried the Wood Slicer blades but, have heard they were a good alternative to the TimberWolf blades. I’m quickly learning that a well tuned bandsaw set up with a clean, smooth, straight cut is more important (less wasteful) than the width of the kerf. If the Wood Slicer wears out quicker I suppose I’d be better off perfecting my re-saw chops with the Timberwolf blades and then explore later. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Wow the burls are all beautiful, as is the button you show, but that amboyna is really unbelievably beautiful!

Nice stuff, Mr. Hatcher

Thanks again for sharing with us all.

Cheers

Paul
Thanks Paul, it’s hard not to show, being the kid with new toys and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
It's too bad burled amboyna probably can't be used for a back and sides.

I have it on a bass and it looks alright.
Yeah, that bass doesn’t look too bad, awesome might be a better description!
Thanks for showing that!

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright