View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:36 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

I really suggest finding a way to put one of these guitars in your hands before you make a decision. Maybe find a dealer with an evaluation period? Rainsong is making a beautiful guitar and has a certain level of maturity in this industry, and they are delivering excellent, well-conceived instruments right out of the box. The electronics work well, the integrated tuner is great and I'm pretty sure it can be had without electronics also. There are so many miles on my Rainsong P12's... I have both the steel string and nylon versions and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this guitar. It would be great if Rainsong shipped these little guitars with a cool custom gig bag but there are aftermarket options that work fine.

Emerald makes a near-full-scale X5 travel guitar that's about the size and weight of a tennis racket, includes B-band electronics with tuner and comes with a good custom travel bag/backpack. The whole package is so light you'll forget it's on your back and it stows easily in an airplane overhead. I've taken mine around the world.

I've only seen the McPherson once and got to handle it but not play it.

JR