View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 04:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Thanks, good points to consider. Seeing the UI on the R8 / 16 / 24 made me wary of the units as the UI looked archaic to me. Like I said, just kicking tyres at the moment. Keen to hear of what other units there are to consider.
I agree with what Rudy said. As with many things in life, the more tasks a device claims to do, often they do none of them well.

As far as archaic displays, many dedicated, quality interfaces have NO displays. I am currently learning a new Zoom L8, and it seems a perfect fit for a home acoustic studio. It does interface with my mac (and iPad) but I still prefer my Audient box for that. The display is small, and basic, but it conveys the info it needs quite well. For interface use, it really just shows the status. Most on the fly data you need will be on your DAW screen anyway.

From what I gather in your posts, a Zoom livetrack series mixer/recorder might work well for you. tascam makes a Model 12 that is similar, but a little more pricey.

Edit: oops, your last post just popped up, and it seems you are far beyond my feeble observation! Im sure my envy is shared with others on the AGF! Who wouldnt want to caravan around a beautiful country, recording music?! Please post links to your page when underway!
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7

Last edited by dnf777; 11-30-2021 at 05:24 AM.