Thread: RIP Tom Doerr
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWoolson View Post
Hi all! I haven’t been very active here (or any forum) lately. I wanted to pop in just to see what was being said about Tom, and my heart is warmed by the wonderful comments.
Tom was a dear friend. I’m not sure I’ve ever known a kinder soul. And it saddens me to say that the world is a little less good without him in it.
If anyone has a guitar in the works from him I’m happy to finish them (free of charge) as I did with a couple of Kevin’s guitars. I haven’t worked anything out with Alisa yet, trying to give her some space to process this. But rest assured that one way or another you’ll be taken care of. All I ask is that you contact me rather than her.
[email protected]
It's folks like Paul Woolson, who make our world a better place! Paul had risen to the occasion when we lost Kevin G, and completed his guitars and he has selflessly offered to do this again for Tom's guitars! That's a wonderful gesture.

I do hope that Alisa and her young girls somehow find the strength to deal with this tragic loss of Tom. My heart goes out to them.

During my last visit to the US in 2018, I spoke to Tom on the phone and wanted to visit him to meet him in person but due to issues with our international driving license and insurance, we were unable to hire a car to travel from Bayonne NJ where we were living to Saginaw MI. I wish I could have met him in person. I will carry this regret for the rest of my life.