View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 01:42 PM

I have the exact same model. Mine was one of the prototypes, as I bought in to the fledgling company's start-up. I believe the price is reflective of the difficulty in selling one of these (I'm surmising), but not commensurate with its sound.

I will not part with mine; the depth of sound just sends me...out there! The sympathetic sound from the bass/drone strings might only be equaled in a baritone. If you rest your chin on the harp arm while playing, the sound envelops your head!
There were a few "mods" to do on the prototypes; particularly the tuners, both sets. As I play 90% of the time in DADGAD, that's where mine stays, taking some stress off of the bridge (mine had to be re-glued--by Elderly in fact!)--but there have been no issues since. There may not be any of the same issues with this 2012 build, though the guitar tuners look original (same as mine), but I can't tell about the bass tuners. Nice piece of mahogany for the back.
Overall, from what I see, it looks like a good deal for somebody to explore this unique guitar-type-multi-string thing!

*I have no affiliation with the seller.