View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
Hi eyesore, I don’t think you ruffled any feathers, at least I hope not.

I think that the responses from Barry, Steve, and Skip are all good advice from different perspectives, to give you a good broad perspective on the advantages and disadvantages of tab and standard notation. And I think it’s great for you to use whatever resources are available to you to meet your goals in a way that works best for you.

Best wishes!
Pretty much true. From my point of view, I don't understand the hobbyist/amateur guitarist world. I started playing in 1960 and all I ever wanted to do was play in bands and make $$$. I just never thought of it as a hobby and learning was very easy and quick for me, I guess, because I had 9 yrs of violin/school orchestra behind me so I could read and understand notation and theory. It's hard for me to understand those who decide to struggle with learning to play just for fun - it can be really hard work and time consuming and, to me, there's no point in playing if you can't do it on a professional level. Some folks seem happy to learn a few chords and play around the campfire and that's perfectly fine if that makes you happy.