View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBob View Post
I have no doubt that these guitars are the wave of the future.

If you turn your nose up at these because they are not "natural", you are missing out on one of the nicest playing and sounding guitars made today. I have a Legacy Performer and it has a 1 3/4" neck. I almost didn't purchase it because I have played a 1 11/16" neck for 40 years. But it's action is so nice that I had no trouble playing the wider neck. The sound is so wonderful that it was worth adjusting to the wider nut. Keep in mind that I have a nice collection of higher end guitars. I know what a quality guitar sounds like.

I also brought home this weekend an CA X performer. This is the narrow body acoustic electric. When I picked this up to play it, I was not expecting much. But it has an incredible sound. MUCH fuller than it has a right to be. It is as full sounding as many full size dreads!

I love the fact that I don't have to worry about the care of these guitars. If you have chased the humidifiers on numerous wood guitars all year, you'll understand what I mean. You cannot go wrong with these.
+1

This is exactly what I have found to be true about every CA guitar I've played, which is why I have the GX on order.

FWIW, I played a ton of guitars at a high end store and the only guitar I really loved was a CA Bluegrass Standard (the only CA they had in stock). I went back a week later and it was gone, but they had added another Bourgeois to ther stock - a nice hog/adi Country Boy. I loved the tone of that guitar! My wife commented that it sounded just like the CA from the week prior. The guy that owns the store thought that I was playing a CA dread.

So, small shop tone, no weather worries, and actual money left over for other gear.

No "Wood Snob" here.