View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Crisps, I think you'll get the best of both worlds (good guitar tone plus relative security for the instruments brought) if you drive and take the D-21 alone. If you're stopping for anything longer than filling up your tank and taking a quick bathroom break, take the guitar in with you. Virtually everyone I've ever know who's had an instrument or PA equipment stolen has had it stolen from their unattended vehicles.

This also helps protect the guitar from any heat buildup in the car while it's parked.

Those are the two reasons to bring the guitar into the restaurant when you go in to eat; not only will it be safer, but you might be surprised at how many pretty young women will smile at you and perhaps initiate conversions. I'm not suggesting you try to hit on these women, but there's nothing like the spontaneous, radiant smile of an attractive young person to brighten your day.

Plus your guitar will be safer, which is the most important thing.

To bring more than one guitar in with you anywhere, which I've done when necessary, is considerably more awkward. It also increases the chances of you hitting the backs of other people's chairs as you thread your way through the tables, and more difficult to stash the instruments once you sit down to eat.

So just take one, and from how you've described them, the D-21 sounds like the worthiest candidate, or at least the most versatile of the three.

Hope this helps.

Wade Hampton Miller

Drive and what Wade said. No way your getting two guitars on a plane. Plus the stress of worrying whether they will check it. I know what I speak of by experience.