View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 09:17 AM

Most of what attracts Steve DeRosa to them are likely deal breakers to me, and then of course they aren't that common in the price range I look for when buying an electric guitar.

That said, I've always been a big Roger McGuinn fan so of course I wanted to cop that Rick electric 12-string sound. I ended up with a turn of the century DeArmond solidbody electric with Dynasonics and a neck I love, so I'm set there.

I don't know if the 12 strings have as narrow a neck (relative, most 12s are wider to accomidate the extra strings) as the 6 strings are said to have. I tolerate narrower necks on electric than acoustics, but there such a thing as too tight string spacing that I can't abide. Ditto small frets (or at least that's what my old finger joints tell me.)

Now on bass, oddly, I don't care for wider Precision style necks and the Rick bass sound is also its own thing. Still probably out of my price range.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....