View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBert View Post
That's actually a very, very good point.

Truth be told I have been looking forward to seeing what I can do with a DAW. I'm sure there's lots of stuff I don't know about yet I'll be able to get creative with.

Is there a portable interface to connect multiple mics to an iPad? I know you can do the whole "iPad->Camera Kit->Powered USB Hub->Sound Card" thing, but that doesn't really count as something portable.

Lots of 'em. I use an Alesis ioDock. Fantastic gadget - no camera kit necessary but obsolete post iPad2.

When I buy a new iPad, I'll look at Focusrite iTrack - no camera kit necessary. But there are cheaper options from Apogee, Behringer and other companies. It's a real revolution. If someone had told me five years ago I'd be doing all my recording on a tablet from Apple, I would have said, "Huh?"

When you compare the prices for iPad DAW's to computer-based DAW's, it quickly becomes a no-brainer. Of course, the critical component is the interface. You'd want something that connects directly to it - not USB. And ideally, you'd want it to charge the battery too.

Youtube

France (Film Musique & Fantomas)
---
Guitars: (2007) big Vietnamese archtop; (1997) Guild F65ce,
(1988) Guild D60, (1972) Guild D25, two other Vietnamese flat-tops and one classical.

Last edited by louparte; 05-08-2013 at 05:13 AM.