View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I do not perform but am an audiophile and rabid guitar aficionado and player.
I am overly hyper-sensitive to piezo-quack.

I didn't choose to be and I've tried to squash those feelings. But like someone who has acrophobia and can't talk their way out of cold sweats when they stand on the Empire State Building. You can't logic and reason your way out of that.

I think I have piezo-quack-a-phobia.

I try to tell myself "it's not that bad." Meanwhile my ears are bleeding and my brain is yelling at me to run from my favorite performer's concert for I am in mortal danger of hearing QUACK.

I start feeling woozy and my head starts hurting, my pulse is racing but I feel goosebump chills. Panic sets in. I can feel the quack smothering my brain.

Then the pain in my soul starts as I hear those beautiful notes being tortured and mangled out of their natural form. Then, I can't hear the music anymore, just their screams as the notes die leaving no music just the nasal buzz of piezo-quack in my mind.

If only everyone would just mic their guitars.

I'm still hoping to piggyback some legislation to the Arts in Schools funding to outlaw piezo pickups but they keep threatening to call Security if I show up again.

I've tried reasoning with the Piezo companies, asking them to find another line of work for the betterment of humanity but they blocked my phone number.

I was trying a kickstarter to raise money to bribe someone to get piezo guitar pickups declared toxic but I had some very angry people come to my house and that scared Jane our cat.

I can't afford a billboard, warning guitarists everywhere so I'm thinking of resorting to graffiti. I'll get a tag like PQK for piezo quack killer.

I gotta go find a train yard.........
LOL. Well done.