View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 01:55 PM

Thanks to everyone here for all of the advice - this forum is fantastic...

So I've spent a few days with my iPad (free GarageBand + $100 Shure USB mic); the mic was a huge improvement over the iPad mic, but I'm not thrilled with the iPad touch screen (accidentally deleted multiple tracks last night because of the darn touch screen...)

So I think I want to get the most basic PC based setup I can. I've seen a lot of DAW recs thrown around out there, but are there 1-2 that really stand out, particularly for ease of use? Most seem way too complicated and I figure I'll only use 1% of the functionality.

I guess my new question is this:
If I already have a PC and a USB mic, what else do I need and what specific products would you recommend? I'm leaning towards the Scarlett 2i2 but got nervous reading some of the reviews on Amazon - I really just want something simple and basic that is PC based. There is a $220 bundle that looks comprehensive (https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Int...lett+2i2&psc=1) but I've found every bundle I've ever bought is not as good as the best of breed components. I'd prefer to keep it all under $500 but can be flexible if that's unreasonable.

Thanks!